- Born in Monselice (Padova), January 17, 1960
- Married, two children
- 1991. Graduate Degree in Pharmacy at "Università degli Studi di Padova" discussing the thesis "Phenylpentadiene tricarbonylchromium complexes: synthesis and structure".
- 1979. Secondary school diploma in Industrial Chemistry at Istituto Tecnico Industriale Statale "G.Natta" of Padova
- October 1979 - October 1982: Representative of reagents and equipments for chemical laboratories.
- October 1982 - December 1986: Technical assistant at Istituto Tecnico Industriale Statale "G.Natta" of Padova in the analytical chemistry and biological chemistry laboratories.
- On January 1st 1987 Dr. Francesco Manoli obtained a permanent position at "Centro di Studio sugli Stati Molecolari Radicalici ed Eccitati", National Research Council - C.N.R. of Padova.
Here he organized the laboratory of organometallic synthesis (Prof. Alberto Ceccon) and prepared several new organometallic complexes of aromatic compounds activated by transition metals (Cr, Rh, Ir and Pt) using synthetic techniques under inert atmosphere; complexes were purified with chromatographique techniques and characterized with GLC, HPLC, FT-IR, UV-Vis, NMR techniques. This type of complexes have applications in catalytic processes and offer interesting perspectives in pharmacology.
- In August 2000, he moved to "Istituto per la Sintesi Organica e la Fotoreattività" (ISOF), C.N.R. of Bologna.
Here Dr. Manoli has gained confidence in spectroscopic methods like UV-Vis absorption, circular dichroism, steady state and time-resolved liminescence spectroscopy. These methods are applied to the study of the interaction between drugs and model receptors, like cyclodextrins, carrier proteins and DNA sequences.