Office telephone :
+39 051 639 9809
- Born in San Giovanni in Persiceto (Bologna) in June 1953.
- High School Degree at Liceo scientifico "A. Righi" in Bologna in 1971.
- Laurea cum laude in Chemistry at the University of Bologna in 1976.
- Research fellow at the CNR Institute of Fotochemistry and High Energy Radiations (FRAE) from 1978 to 1982.
- Permanent position as Researcher at FRAE-CNR (now ISOF-CNR) since 1982.
- From 2001 Senior Researcher at ISOF-CNR
- Electrical properties of organic thin films.
- Steady state and transient photoconductivity of amorphous organic solids.
- Photophysics of organic molecular systems in the solid state. Exciton dynamics (energy transfer, electronic transitions, dissociations) in organic solids.
- Excitons, excimers and exciplexes generated via charge recombination and/or light absorption in the organic solid state and the effect of an applied electric field.
- Organometallic chromophores as dopants in Organic Light Emitting devices (OLEDs).
- Preparation and characterization of prototypical multicomponent and multilayer OLEDs for near infrared (NIR), colour (Red Green Blue) and white emission.