My name is Massimo Cocchi and I was born in Bologna (Italy) on December 30, 1970.
These are my studies and research career:
- Technical education at the secondary school.
- Graduate Degree in Physics achieved in March 1996 at the Department of Physics - University of Bologna discussing the thesis "Electroluminescence in organic thin films" made at Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) - Istituto per la Sintesi Organica e la Fotoreattività (ISOF) under the supervisions of Prof. Jan Kalinowski (University of Gdansk - Poland and CNR), Prof. Gianfranco Missiroli (University of Bologna) and Dr. Piergiulio Di Marco (CNR).
- CNR Research Fellowship on Chemical Science from October 1997 for 1 year.
- Research Scientist at CNR - ISOF since December 1998 and in permanent position since September 2001.
- Senior Research Scientist since January 2010.
My scientific interests are in photonic, electronic and optoelectronic of advanced materials like organic & inorganic moleculars, supramoleculars, nanomaterials and nanostructures with particular attention to the electric field effect on luminescence, electroluminescence and photoconduction in organic solid systems. This work is of interest for basic research as well as for applied technologies like Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs), Light-emitting Electrochemical Cells (LECs), Organic Photovoltaic solar cells (OPVs) and other optoelectronic applications.
Expertise and Equipment